Chia Seed Pudding with Blueberry, Pineapple and Strawberry Swirl
Makes 4 - 1/2 cup servings.
2/3 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 cups plant-based milk of your choice
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup wild blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries, finely diced
1/2 cup pineapple, finely diced
1 Tablespoon coconut flakes
1. Place chia seeds, plant-based milk, syrup and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
2. Portion mixture into small serving cups or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, giving them a quick stir a couple times throughout to ensure that the seeds absorb most of the liquid.
3. Meanwhile, create a smooth puree using a small blender.
4. Pour the puree over the individual cups of pudding.
5. Top with the diced pineapple and strawberries.
6. Lightly toast the coconut flakes in a small frying pan. Sprinkle over the fruit.
Of course, you can use whatever fruits delight you. It's also fun and delicious to top with trail mix. Enjoy!
Recipe by Lisa Tremont Ota, RD, MPH